I am professional, reliable and friendly and have experience in coaching all ages from 3 to 87, both individually and in groups. My lessons are devised to suit the person or group and I will talk to you about what you want from them.
I play to a high standard in tournaments, nationally and locally, and have ranked as high as 236 in Britain and 12 in Yorkshire. It is important to be able to play at a good standard as a coach, which I do, so that I can demonstrate the shots. It is equally important to be able to coach in a way that people can understand and find enjoyable. I always try to do this.
I have also captained teams to success in the Yorkshire National League and Leeds League at Chapel Allerton Tennis Club. I enjoy keeping fit and participating in many sports including squash, racketball, table tennis, football, waterskiing, and sailing.
I now run my own tennis school and I currently coach at a number of locations in Leeds including East Keswick, Adel Tennis Club as well as Featherbank Primary School in Horsforth (West Yorkshire Champions 2013) and Gledhow Primary School as well as at Parks in Leeds. I also teach at David Lloyd Leisure and Chapel Allerton Tennis Club in Leeds.
I have many years experience at a number of tennis clubs and also recently worked at Mark Petchey’s Tennis Academy in Greece, taking all abilities from improvers to performance classes and individuals.
I have competed nationally and some of my successes are listed below:
- 3 times Sunderland grade 4 winner.
- Chapel Allerton Mens Doubles Club Champion x2 2008/2014
- Chapel Allerton Mixed Doubles Champions x1 2014
- Men’s National League Area Champions x1 (Captaining Chapel Allerton)
- Leeds League Mixed Doubles Champions x3 (Captaining Chapel Allerton)
- Leeds Singles League Premier Division Champion x5
- Chapel Allerton Grand Prix Champion x2
- Ilkley (over 35) Grade 3 winner
- Manchester, Middlesborough Grade 3 runner up
- Sunderland Grade 4 runner up.