As a player I started playing tennis at the age of 6 and instantly got attached to the sport. At 13 I moved to the LTA national academy at Bath, and competed for Great Britain and at tennis Europe and ITF events. I competed at this level for 4/5 years before the expense of the sport stopped my ability to continue competing.
After 4 years as working as a performance coach at David Lloyd Southampton, in 2011 I was successful in applying for the role of Mini Tennis Performance Manager. My remit was to grow and develop the mini tennis performance programme and the players that accessed this programme. Due to my success in this role, David Lloyd Southampton was awarded LTA High Performance Centre status.
From September 2013 I worked at Winchester tennis and fitness club as Head Of Performance. Within this role my responsibilities were to lead a team of 5 coaches. To schedule and plan our players programmes, tournaments and goals.
In September 2017 I was head hunted to work at the West Hants High Performance Academy as a full time academy coach. I was given the responsibility of managing 5 full time academy players. Roles included, annual planning, goal setting, tournament schedules and travelling coach. This is still my current role.
- I have co captained the Great Britain under 18 national team at the summer cup 2019 in which we finished 4th in the European finals.
- As player I represented Great Britain from under 10 through to under 16 level.
- I have managed a team of coaches en route to gaining high performance centre status at Southampton. I have always tried to implement changes in line with the Long Term Player Development guidelines.
- I have presented to the LTA performance board in the bid for the HPC status and was successful in doing so.
- I currently coach county, regional and national/international level tennis players on a weekly basis in a group or individual environment. These national players include George Russell, George Shields, Toby Samuel, Erin Richardson, Seb Holden, Shakira Bettencourt.
- I have previously coached Gabriella Taylor who was the under 14 orange bowl runner up, and got a WTA high ranking of 168. Currently ranked 300. Numerous players who have gone on to gain ITF rankings and scholarships at American universities.
- In 2014 I was awarded 2nd place in the LTA performance coach of the year.