October 2019 – Present Head Coach, Rugby Tennis Club, Warwickshire (inspire2coach)
- Primary contact for any player/parent issues across the programme
- A minimum of 90% of players within coaching to be club members.
- Attend committee meetings (as required by club) & the AGM and regularly engage with the committee and wider club membership.
- Coordinate LTA Team Tennis teams – Work with club on entry of teams – Appoint team captains (coaches or parents) – Support and manage captains – Collect entry/match fees – Manage fixtures: book courts, source balls, score cards – Ensure every fixture is fulfilled.
- Organise, manage and run annual Junior Club Championships – Agree format & finals day with club – Promote events and sign players up – Collect entry fees – Manage and run finals day: court bookings, trophies, certificates, prizes.
- Support and promote internal match play and all competition at the club including LTA sanctioned event.
- Manage facility and equipment. Keep all areas tidy and enforce this with my coaching team. Equipment must be collected up and stored properly.
- Act as a mentor for other coaches, tennis assistants and leaders.
- Growing the coaching programme from 132 to 197 within 12 months which included a difficult year of covid-19.
- Increased membership and achieved 96% by keeping an accurate record of the membership base.
- Approached by Warwickshire County LTA and was appointed the U18 Boys County Captain role.
- Inspire2coach coach of the year 2020.
- Shortlisted for Warwickshire Coach of the year 2020.
- Lead within the project and plans of court rejuvenation and court refurbishment.
February 2018 – August 2019 Head Coach, Great Missenden LTC, Buckinghamshire
- Increase participation and retain members/non-members playing tennis.
- Organising Men’s and Ladies first team practice competing in the regional leagues.
- Effectively recruit/manage a team of coaches for participation and performance coaching and plan accordingly termly/annually.
- Organise AEGON tennis teams selecting players into specific squads, which needs good understanding of player ability and mental strength.
- Analyse, match charting and tournament plan for performance players on external grade 2 and 3 tournaments alongside my Lead Performance Coach.
- Maintain a trusting and honest relationship with staff and clients.
- Produce marketing for internal and external events.
- Chair staff meetings weekly and attend committee meetings monthly.
- Liaise closely with the LTA East Region for funding and business plan meetings.
- All sessions were at 90% occupancy within my first term of starting, which is an 80% increase on participation at the club
- Entered new AEGON tennis leagues with participants of the programme who have never competed
- Coaching and leading 4 out of the top 10 u18 county players for Buckinghamshire.
- Engaging players with different disabilities to work alongside and promote the sport.
- Interacting with parents and encouraging them into the benefits of training and playing competitive tennis.
- Open day (GBTW) numbers at a record high of 97 registered and 38 new joiners in my first weekend.
November 2015 – February 2018 Head Coach, HBS LTC, Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- Develop, manage and run a profitable mini tennis, junior and adult coaching programme, which delivers a high standard of coaching.
- Dealing with enquiries for new members/players to join the programme
- Assist with volunteering in the local community/council for tennis.
- Work closely with Herts LTA and county training.
- Use creative marketing to promote the club and charity events.
- Keep up to date registers for current terms and retention purposes.
- Obtain and maintain Club-School links thorough taster sessions, assemblies and community work.
- Successfully grew participation on the coaching programme from 97 to 163 and increased membership by 42%.
- Developed a strong relationship with Herts County office, in which they invited me to become the Boys U12 County Captain and assitnat for the U18’s whilst attending county meetings, picking the teams and engaging with those children’s parents.
- Delivered an Open Day and charity events at a record high.
- Increased member participation within coaching.
April 2010 – November 2015 Assistant Coach, Leverstock Green LTC, Hertfordshire.
- School-Club link Co-Ordinator, ensuring that we deliver taster session in Schools on a curriculum and after School basis.
- Organising and arranging tennis leaders to assist in mini tennis groups.
- Responsible for running an internal mini red, orange and green match play on a monthly basis.
- Managing my own players in tournaments and adult clients on a weekly diary.
- Clubs official racquet stringer.
- Attending coaches’ meetings every six weeks.
- Captaining the boys U14 and Girls U12 AEGON team with team training fortnightly.
- Developing participation within Schools from ages 4-11 since 2011.
- Organising and leading the Herts Youth Games inter-school U8 and U9 tournament for3 consecutive years.
- Successfully captained the Men’s first team in which we were promoted and maintained in my first year.
- Enabled young players to compete at the Torbay Open annually.