Feb 2018 – Current – Self Employed Tennis coaching consultant – Uxbridge Tennis Club and other third parties
- Designing and leading all tennis programmes
- Cardio tennis
- Team technical tennis sessions
- Mini tennis development sessions
- Junior performance sessions
- Adult Beginner classes
- Adult club level classes
Jan 2010 – Feb 2018 Lead Programme Coach – The Tennis Foundation
- Lead a team of skilled experts such as Sports Psychologists , Lifestyle advisors , strength and conditioning coaches, tennis coaches and hitting partners to create a working dynamic to maximise performance.
- Design individualised competition and training plans; monitor, review and adapt them where necessary, using personal feedback and outcome data.
- Travel extensively around the UNIQLO/Grandslam world tour.
- On court CAPTAIN and manager for the GB Quad tennis AND GB deaf tennis team.
- Coaching a range of sport-specific skills in a clear, safe manner to experienced world class coaches, lesser experienced national coaches, development coaches and non-sport specific support staff.
- Several media appearances on live BBC news or recorded Channel 4 documentaries.
- Recruitment and training of new athletes and staff-from multi-sport national British Paralympic Association or UK sport talent days
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all rules, game procedures, coaching techniques and current trends in tennis by attending conferences, workshops and peer learning.
- Successfully obtained and passed a position on the UK Sport Elite programme (cohort 2014 -2017)
- Successful graduation from UK sports MENTORING course.
- Lead a team of 6 individual coaches CPD programme, identifying key development areas, providing clarity on the performance system and represent the governing body by presenting at national and international conferences. I am extremely proud to have been the lead coach in the most successful period of British wheelchair tennis ever achieving record breaking medal success.
Jan 2004 – Ongoing Overseas Development Fund consultant International Tennis Federation
- Work with a specific contact within a developing country to establish a disability tennis and or sporting programme.
- Meet politicians, federation executives, sponsors, medical experts, coaches and athletes to explain and sell the benefits of disability tennis and the positive social and economic benefits to their country.
- Deployed in to unknown environments requiring me to gather information, and facilitate political or social situations and create a shared vision.
- Document, Report and present back any findings, recommend pathways and initiatives and help design self-sustaining projects bespoke to the climate that the project would operate in.
- Inspire local people, players, coaches and press by making sport accessible, fun, and to show the activity in a positive manner.
- Countries worked with within this project have included; India, Bulgaria, Vietnam, S Africa, Romania.
- Present at the International Tennis Federations national coaching conference at World Team Cup and international conferences on behalf of Wheelchair tennis.
- Head Coach at the Johan Cruyff Junior camps for disabled children designing the international schedule, manging the day to day logistics and ensuring all elements of the camp run smoothly
Sep 2000 – Jan 2010 Self-employed tennis coach working in the London borough of Hillingdon (Junior school Multisport and Tennis coach)
During my time as a self-employed tennis coach I created club school links with 8 junior schools in the London borough of Hillingdon delivering afterschool tennis clubs, curriculum time tennis sessions and multi-sport sessions. Day to day tasks included registering pupils, collecting payments, liaising with parents and promoting tennis within the managed tennis clubs. Other roles included:
- Individual tennis coach to 2 able bodied tennis players both with ITF junior world rankings coaching them to sporting scholarships in the USA. (Arizona state/UCLA)
- Effectively communicated with a diverse group of athletes, coaches and game officials.
- Worked within the local community and exhibited excellent teamwork and a strong work ethic by promoting multi-sports and tennis in junior schools across the borough.
- Identified the needs of the community and designed local programmes for targeted groups, e.g. Girls only sessions,
- Disability sessions, age banded sessions and half-term school clubs
- Worked with 8 Local primary schools delivering Tennis and multisport PE sessions before, during and after school.
- Trained junior school teachers on inset days to be able to deliver physical sport specific sessions within their PE lessons