In tennis you really need to think quickly and act quickly, so decision-making is such a huge part of it. Being a tennis coach helps me create a bond between players and make them understand that they have to take responsibility for themselves.
Travelling to places like Europe, South East Asia, Australia and America has helped me understand about different cultures. Apart from introducing good techniques there are more to it than just plain instructing. Students from all walks of life come with different range of abilities and mindsets and you have to improvise. That makes me unique in terms of my presentation.
I have based here in Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia for last 15 years or so and few years ago propelled our National juniors to victory during the ITF Development Fund team.
Personal Tennis Achievements
- ¼ singles Paradise Island Final doubles.
- Won Winter Haven Doubles.
- Ranked top 5 in Malaysia from 1987-1993
- Participated in Asian Satellite Circuit. 1987, 1990, 1991 [Jakarta, Taiwan, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur]
- Representing Malaysia in Davis Cup [1987 vs Hong Kong] [1990 vs Saudi Arabia][1991 vs Thailand] [1992 vs Indonesia]
- Represented Malaysia in the prestigious Ghafar Asian Nations Cup 1991, 1992 ATP Career High Doubles Ranking 999